Wednesday 25 May 2011

Barcelona funkytown

So I quit my job to become a professional juggler, and moved to Barcelona to make street shows... it's going well!

Now this has left me without great access to the internet, so I won't be posting often over the next couple of months. However, I am still sifting through my soundcloud net, so I'll try to post some of the gems, like this one, in keeping with the theme, from a Spanish DJ:



Telephunken Summer 2011 mix by Telephunken

Ernesto Sánchez is Telephunken. He lives in Madrid, and his sound is huge. The Summer 2011 promo mix starts out chilled out and funky, before getting heavier with some crunchy bass, then out through a bit of chilled out (for me) d'nb'. Check it out!

And next, the mix I was rocking out to big time at the BJC, Barry Ashworth, the Dup Pistols frontman's epic hip hop mix:

DUB PISTOLS Mash up mix vol 2 by dubpistol

My favourite tunes are: 'Sofa' - Nextmen (MILK remix) and the 'Mr Wendel' - Arrested Development remix. Overall, this mix has an awesome summery vibe, just right for enjoying the sunshine.

Talking of which, it's about 30 degrees outside. I'm going to go and sunbathe.

upstart

1 comment: